About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Sunday 6 January 2013

Running into the new year.

The first quarter for year 2013 is going to be a fully booked affair by the look of things, what with my run schedules, Running Academy Workshop, as well as my responsibility in church. As such, I may not have much time to blog as often as I want to.

I'll be going back to Sandakan to finish off my project there within the next few days. Will get to see how much I have improved what with a visit back to the hilly park at Jalan Buli Sim Sim again. :D

I've signed up for Brooks Half Marathon's 10K run. Gonna have to schedule some of my runs at Bukit Jalil to get  used to the hilly topography there.

What's my plan for this year?

1. Look for a career move. Seriously, what is it with the Malaysian Employer Mentality whereby they equate Employees to Sugar Cane? (See Pic to understand)

Sugarcane Juice Vendor in Hydrabad - Courtesy of  Sarvagyana guru
2. Participate in a few Half Marathon. As much as I would like to jump into a FM, I doubt I'm physically fit enough for that.
3. Improve my fitness level. I can see my fitness improving over the pass few months but I know I still have a loooonnnnnggg way to go. My LSDs are other's Recovery run. I know I'll get better with time, just have to be patient about it.

How I feel like on my "LSD" days. :(
4. Learn to take better care of myself. I need to learn to eat healthily as well as to live healthily. This include learning to take up more household chores on a more consistent level. I will have to come up with a schedule and stick with it, but with Item 1, it can get challenging I guess.
5. Finalize things so that I won't have a hatchet  hanging over my head and so I can get on with living my life. As much as I hate it, and some of you out there may thing worse of me, but I have done all I could, given my all, sacrificed and gone down roads which I should not have, and yet am still not appreciated. There's nothing more I could have done to prevent it. I've fought against the divorce for years, at this stage, I don't see any way for things to be reconciled anymore.

Be that as it may, I see 2013 as a year where I rediscover myself, make new friends, challenge myself and take small steps to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment