About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2013 opens today


Standard Chartered KL Marathon will be open for registration today, 30th January 2013 at 1800hrs local time.

Categories available are:


As you can see, they're making it pretty big this year with a targeted participant number of 30,250. That's about 2+K more participant than last year!!! There's a category of run for everyone so do join up if  you guys can.


I've gotten the pricing and posted it here for easier reference for you guys. As can be seen this is an international event so if you wanna sign up, do make sure you do so ASAP.

For more info, please visit their facebook page at Here, or their Twitter page at Here.

The homepage is currently still in Countdown mode and should be made available at 1800hrs. It can be accessed Here.

As for myself, I think I'm gonna take the plunge and go for the Half Marathon even though I don't know whether I will be able to even prepare enough to make it. It's a scary and nervous thought actually especially considering the fact that during my preparation for 10K I'm still facing some difficulties adapting to that distance.

If you guys have any advise or anything, I would really appreciate if you would share it with me.

Happy Running everyone.

2 comments:

  1. You should have ample time to train for it. Other than that, I'd say just go out and have fun and take it as a learning experience for future races. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It'll be my 4th Race ever actually and my first Halfer. That's why I'm worried, especially since I've been leading a sedentary lifestyle for 10 years. Gonna have to work hard to get ready. How bout you? Not joining kah?

      Delete