About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Star Wars Running Quotes

Just for the heck of it, I thought I might as well make a post on quotes from Star Wars and mix them up with some running Lingos. Have a laugh, contribute to it, use it. It's all for the fun of running. :)

Quotes from Yoda
“Speed, PB, pace... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.”
I can imagine Yoda using the above quote when training Luke for a marathon.
"When 42.195 kilometer you reach, look as good, you will not."
"Try Not. Do or do not; there is no try."
"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering."
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
The above 2 quote is something I myself will have to learn haha. I’m sure that will lead us to enjoy our runs and races even more.

Quotes from Princess Leia
"If personal bests are all you love, then that's what you'll receive."
"He must run his own race; no one can run it for him."
"You came here without training? You're braver than I thought."
I can imagine using that last one on someone who joins a HM or even FM without proper training. Although, he/she may be more foolish than brave.

Quotes from Obiwan-Kenobi
“Use the Force, *Insert Name here*.”
Wonder what will happen if we use the above to cheer people on. Hahaha.

Quotes from Chancellor Palpatine
"All who gain PB are afraid to lose it, even the Jedi."
"The attempt on my PB has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you… my resolve has never been stronger!"
"There is no civility, only the podium."

Quotes from Darth Vader
“The Force is strong with this one.”
“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
I think Darth Vader is secretly a runner. His quote doesn’t need to be changed much.

Quote by Chewbacca
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!"
You can use this when you cross the Finish Line

So remember always, “May the Force be with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment