About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Monday 10 December 2012

Tying the knot. :D

Source: Wikipedia.org
After participating in my first ever race at the Parkcity Run on November 25th, I noticed that a lot of runners actually do stop quite a lot to retie their shoelaces which has come undone during their run. It got to the point that it got a bit irritating as people just stop in the middle of the road to retie their shoes. I almost bump into someone when they stopped right in front of me.

I stumbled upon a page from Runner's World on How to best knot your shoes quite a long time ago while I was doing my online research on running. So I got the added benefit of not needing to stop to retie my shoelaces. As the steps can get quite complicated, I'll be putting the link on how to tie the shoelaces here directly.

Basic 101. How to tie a reef knot.This is how we're suppose to tie our shoelaces all the time. We just got confused at the last part. If you're a scout or girls guide before, you should be able to pick this up pretty fast.

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/fit-be-tied

I've also found a faster way of tying your shoelaces. It's called the Ian's Knot, considered to be the world's fastest shoelaces knot. It's a little confusing at first due to muscle memory, but once you got it, I guarantee you, you'll be using this knot all the time. It's fast and easy. I've place Runner's World link as well as the original link below so that you guys can do a bit of comparison in case things get confusing.

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/tie-better-knot
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm

Now that you know how to tie your shoes properly, go practice and have a bit of non-running fun ;)

On a side note, ever wonder why there's an extra hole that's sometimes present a little toward the back and below the top most hole for laces? Well, a lot of people will just use it to your lace as per normal. The actual use of the hole can be found here.

So here's to a happier feet to all my running friends out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment