About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Monday 15 October 2012

Interesting article on shoes and pronation

Just finished reading an article on RunBlogger title Neutral Running Shoes Need not be the Goal for all Runners. The article is mainly about our obsession with Pronation Control (you can read more about it here in this article).

In a way, I'm lucky not to be sucked into that sort of mindset since I just started running and went out to buy a pair of new shoes which I felt comfortable in (yeah, I'll try and write a review on it soon). I'm lucky in the sense that I had no idea what I am looking for and the store clerk was not overly convincing in selling me any of their "running shoes". I stumbled upon my current pair literally when I was walking out of the store.

I WILL say that I understand what Pete Larson meaning on the following:

" I would also agree that comfort is hard to define, but for me I think it’s mainly just how good a shoe is at letting my body do its thing without getting in the way – a comfortable shoe is one that I barely even notice when I run.

I've recently had that experience in another pair of shoes. While trying it on in the store, there's always a niggling reminder of the shoe due to the presence of a pretty high arch curve on the inside shoes. I was a little worried that it will affect me on my run. I was however put at ease after running in the shoes for a bit as I totally forgot about the shoes and was enjoying myself a lot. I'll talk more about this shoes when I put more mileage in it. In the meantime, enjoy the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment