About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Thursday 4 October 2012

My current running gear and wish list

3 months into a sport is a relatively short period of time. And yet, it this short period of time what have I gotten myself into? Let's seeeeeeee.......

Shoes:
I'm currently using Skechers GoRun. It's a pretty comfortable shoes to run in. It's however not suitable for you to go shopping in. I'll explain more on this when I write a review on it. I also own an adidas JawPaw II Watersport shoes. I'm still wondering if it'll make a good substitute for barefoot running shoes. We'll see how it goes when I do test it out.

Belt/Pouch:
Currently using a twin pouch SPIBelt. Fairly decent and cuts down on the jingling of keys I would say. I can even stuff my iPhone wz casing in it.

Apps:
I'm using iSmoothRun app on iPhone to track my runs. It is feature packed compared to the rest of the apps I've used.

Wish List (Read Shopping):

Head/Sweat Band:
I'm currently eyeing Bondi Band. They're unfortunately unavailable in Malaysia as yet and have to be shipped in from US. I really hate it when sweat starts dripping from your forehead into your eyes so this is the next thing I'm getting.

Jacket/Raincoat:
Still doing research on this. Saw the Nike Vapor Windrunner and I'm drooling over it. There's also the Adiviz Jacket which glows in the dark. Doesn't seem to have any hood though for the adidas.

Cap/Hat:
Not too sure if I wanna get one or not as my main concern is heat ventilation. We shall see.

Bag:
No extra gear as yet to pack it in, but would be useful when the raining season come for me to pack in the extra clothes and towels.

Shoebag:
No extra shoes as yet so not needed yet, but I got my eyes on some of em already.

Shoes:
Oh my. The list will be too long to list down. My eyes are on Merrell, Vivobarefoot, Saucony, Skechers GoBionic, Vibram and etc. I'm a "little" picky when it comes to shoes I'm afraid. How picky can you get you ask? Let's see now.


  1. Lightness: They have to be light. If I wanna train with weights attached to my feet, I can always attach it myself. 
  2. Flexibility: Flexibility is a relative term I guess. Basically it should flex at the right places and allow for a full motion of feet movement to conform with road surface.
  3. Heel Drop: I would say 4mm and lesser. Why? Currently I'm getting PF whenever I get into anything with a high heel drop-off. This may change in the future once my feet has strengthen up but we'll see.
  4. Toe box: Wide and Big is the keyword here. I've grown used to having full motion of my toes when walking and running. I like my toes to be able to splay our, curl and have freedom of movement when they're shod.
  5. Cushioned vs Non-Cushioned: I'm currently running in the Skechers GoRun which is fairly cushioned. I've yet to run in a Non-Cushioned shoe but planning to give it a shot when my feet has strengthen up
Yeah yeah, "little" is a bit inappropriate I guess. :P I also plan to buy 1 or 2 Sandals/Huaraches for comfort wear and as emergency run gear but we'll see.

I think I better put a stop on my wish list for now. It's getting kinda scary even for me. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment