About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Monday 22 October 2012

Running and Shoes dilemma

Let's talk shoes today. I have a major big issue with shoes nowadays. All my shoes have gotten uncomfortable.

What happen you may ask. God knows. Ever since picking up running, I've noticed that my feet seems to have change by quite a bit. My feet arch seems to have gotten higher, my feet shorter, and the toes area wider. Not just that. I've also developed Plantar Fasciitis and can't seem to tolerate overly cushioned shoes as well as any shoes with heels. All this in a matter of 1 month.

I've always bought shoes for comfort. I now have a dilemma whereby my ubber soft cushioned Camel shoes is now too softly cushioned, my super light and comfy Clarks have become too tight across the toes, and my Hush Puppies (Just bough -_-''') and it's heel is no longer comfortable.

Due to all these, I've now taken to not wearing shoes as much as possible. Every Monday morning, when I put on my work shoes, it feels as if my toes are being cramped and pushed together. There's also the higher heel to toe offset that gives me heel pain as well as a possibility of aggravating my Plantar Fasciitis if worn for too long. It's so uncomfortable nowadays that I have to take off my shoes as soon as I reached office.

I'm not sure how many of you guys and gals out there face the same problem as me. But I'll need to look for alternative Working shoes. I can always opt for barefoot or sandals or Minimalist shoes or even "Barefoot Shoes" for casual wear, but Work/Dress shoes are a big headache. I've done some research and have found 2 possible candidate for replacement.

Merrell Tough Glove

Vivobarefoot Ra

Both the above shoes are unfortunately not available in Malaysia. So now I'm undecided as to whether I import them in or just bear with the discomfort.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment