About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Monday 29 October 2012

Running Shoes and Shopping

Shopppinnnggggg!!! A word that would stir any ladies heart. Combine the word with Running Shoes and most runners will be going Oooooo as well.That is of course, if there is no budget limitation lol.

I've just stumbled onto a post by Jay Dicharry, author of Anatomy for Runners: Unlocking Your Athletic Potential for Health, Speed, and Injury Prevention. He's also the Director of SPEED Performance Clinic and the Motion Analysis Lab Coordinator at the University of Virginia. But I digress. The post can be found here and mainly discusses on Tips for Running Shoes Selection.

Having bought my own shoes just recently, I can say that there's some truth in this. A shoe that does not feel comfortable may not feel the same way when you're running. Take the Skechers GoRun for example. It feels weird when standing on it. The only reason it got sold on me was because it's super light and when I was jumping on it, it felt different, with more firmness than I thought it would feel.

So when you buy your running shoes next time, do remember what's been discussed by Jay Dicharry in his post.

2 comments:

  1. The GOrun is an awesome shoe but if you get the chance try out the GOrun Ride. It's really more comfortable and is an excellent pair of trainers cum race shoe that's easy and forgiving on the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the GoRun Ride addresses the problem of the lugs underneath by making them flatter if I'm not wrong. Other than that, they're both actually the same shoes. I may go for the Ride or the GoBionic for my next pair. Dunno how long my GoRun will last though since I'm running in it almost exclusively.

    ReplyDelete