About Me

My photo
Just a guy who's on a journey to rediscover himself. He's also caught the running bug bad. To add salt to injury, he's now addicted to shopping for running shoes......

Sunday 23 September 2012

Too Much Too Soon.


Sorry for the lack of posting these past week. I've been a bit busy with recuperating from doing Too Much Too Soon. I manage to cause some major muscle stiffness in both my calf and shin for 2 full days. I've also been pretty fatigued recently so it's usually rest for me for the pass week.

This was mainly attributed to a busy Saturday whereby I've gone for my usual Saturday morning run with my mum. After I'm done with my training, while waiting for my mum, I thought, "Oh why not, let's go for some hills." Went up twice and felt some tension on my calf so I decided to call it a day.

I had Church Band practice scheduled after lunch, but before that, I had to pick up some Chia Seed from my supplier. Since I've had a pretty good, tiring run that morning, I decided to wear my Adidas JawPaw II since it's pretty flat and comfy. Due to some out of the blue high traffic, I ended up reaching my appointment late. I parked my car and ran over to the agreed meet up place. Running in the Adidas JawPaw II is very different from my Skechers GoRun, and I've never ran in it before (I'll write more about these 2 shoes at later date).

                                                                 My Skechers GoRun

Now you may think that it's just a short run and etc and I'm just being a sissy. Well, maybe I am, but what I DO realize is that running in the Adidas JawPaw II did some considerable "damage" on that day. Damage in the sense that due to the lack of cushioning, I'm running in an entirely different way, thus exercising totally different sets of muscles.

                                                                The Adidas JawPaw II

This by itself shouldn't be too much of a problem for seasoned runners. I'm however pretty green in running and I've been a vegetable for the pass 10 years. I've also realized that my legs have actually weaken by quite a considerable amount. How do I tell? Try and stand on 1 leg with your knees slightly bent and see if you can keep yourself stable for 1 minute.

In any case, my legs started to hurt the next morning till Tuesday (and I gung ho-ed and continue with my training :P). Be that as it may, that short run in the Adidas really stir my curiosity as to whether it's possible to run in that pair of shoes.

EDIT: Updated with photos

No comments:

Post a Comment